As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and homebased patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for executing audits as part of the Company's internal audit and controls program. The Internal Auditor executes audit procedures to assess financial, operational and information technology internal controls to safeguard company resources and ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Internal Auditor, in conjunction with Senior Auditors, makes recommendations for improvement of controls and processes to ensure risk management; control and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable company's objectives and goals to be met.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Identifies and uses techniques to effectively document, evaluate and assess business processes at a basic level.
- Identifies and uses techniques to identify improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes at a basic level.
- Able to draw appropriate conclusions based on analyses performed.
- Adheres to standards as set forth in the Audit Manual.
- Ability to use general and specific knowledge of business and financial concepts and the
- Company’s business to be effective at a basic level.
- Basic competency in risk and control assessment.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
- Benefits that begin when you do.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Hybrid work schedule available after probationary period.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 4-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 1 year of experience in Internal Audit or similar field
- PC literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook)
Job ID: 2130378