As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Pilot functions as the Pilot-in-Command (PIC) of the company’s aircraft, on both Domestic and International missions, to safely, efficiently and effectively support the execution of the company's strategic business imperatives.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
License or Certification:
- FAA ATP Multi-Engine License
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated extensive professional pilot experience
- Holds one multi-engine jet type specific rating
- Total flight time: 4,000 hours
- Jet PIC time: 500 hours
- Multi-engine: 2,000 hours
- Instrument flight rules: 400 hours
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Frequent outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to hazardous and volatile materials.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Irregular workday and flexibility of schedule is a requirement of position.
- Satisfactory background, drug and reference checks.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2131004