Encompass Health is excited to expand our nationwide footprint in Cumming, GA. Our expanding nationwide footprint means new career opportunities await in various clinical and non-clinical roles. As a national leader in integrated healthcare services, our growth means we can serve more communities, build more careers and help more patients through our nationwide network. Work with advanced technologies and dedicated professional support in a state-of-the-art inpatient rehabilitation hospital to help patients regain their independence and return back to their communities.
The Pharmacy Technician performs technical support functions in the department under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
More Specifically this position:
· Provides inventory control including the maintenance of drugs in the pharmacy according to the drug formula.
· Replaces medication including daily filling of med dispense machines with a 24 hour supply, utilizing a unite-dose system.
· Files and maintains required paperwork and reports regarding med cart, compounding log, drug inspection, expired med disposition, drug recalls, and technician activity.
The Pharmacy Technician creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Why work for us?
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Who are we?
We are the nation’s leading provider of rehabilitative services with over 100 acute rehabilitation hospitals in 26 states including Puerto Rico!
Depending on the hospital location you will have the opportunity to work in a 30-200 bed acute rehabilitation hospital providing quality care through a large group of healthcare professionals such as: Therapists, Neuropsychologists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Medical staff as well as non-clinical professionals all dedicated to returning our patients to the highest level of functioning possible.
With an average of 80% of our patients returning home, we are proud of the work we do. You could work anywhere, why not come to work knowing you are making a difference in someone’s life!
Learn more about being a part of this successful team and apply now!
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN - PRN
ENCOMPASS HEALTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL OF CUMMING GA
License or Certification:
- Certification and Registration as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the state.
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a pharmacy preferred.
- General medical terminology is preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1165 Sanders Road, Cumming 30041
Shift: On Call
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2131291