As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Senior Manager, Project Development is responsible for working with the VPs of Development and Chief Development Officer in their efforts to accomplish the company’s growth objectives. The Senior Manager will take an active role in project management and will learn all aspects of the business development process. The Senior Manager will be responsible for creating presentation materials and reports for both internal and external purposes and completing RFP responses. The Senior Manager will assist in the development of new leads and may travel with the VPs of Development or Chief Development Officer as requested.
The position is based in Birmingham, AL.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Coordinates project management of all projects.
- Takes an active role in assisting with and learning all aspects of the business development process.
- Creates presentation materials and reports for both internal and external purposes.
- Maintains an updated database of EHC value proposition slides and materials.
- Assists with management of due diligence processes.
- Monitors competitor and acute care hospital consolidation activity.
- Works with treasury on the visual presentation of financial analytics.
- Leads the effort in creating RFP responses.
- Assists with the development of new leads.
- Bachelor's degree required with an emphasis in business, healthcare administration or similar field. Master’s degree in business or health administration highly desirable.
- Extensive proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in the following:
- Working in healthcare business/strategic strategy/corporate development, management consulting or similar field, with a focus on healthcare>
- Experience in multi-tasking and project management.
- Translating complex strategies and ideas into an easily understandable narrative and presentation.
- Understanding of financial statements.
- Working on joint venture and acquisition transactions preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, strategic thinking.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to analyze complex or diverse information.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to manage and complete projects on time and budget.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to think critically and improve and promote quality.
- Ability to understand business implications of decisions; as needed to align work with strategic goals.
- Ability to manage competing demands as needed to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to act with professionalism as needed to approach others in a tactful manner and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2131312