Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona is an 80-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary, cardiac rehabilitation needs and more.
We have the second largest outpatient program for Encompass Health in Pennsylvania. We have outpatient clinics in Altoona, Duncansville, Tyrone and Bedford. Our clinics provide physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy in a team-based environment.
Our inpatient hospital has a full complement of therapists, nurses, behavioral health providers and medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that approximately 80% of the inpatients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes, many of which return for outpatient services to one of our clinics.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
Six JCAHO disease specific certification: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Cardiac and Ortho Rehab, Advanced Diabetes.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.encompasshealth.com/altoonarehab
The Case Manager II (CM II) serves as a key member of the interdisciplinary team and actively manages and directs resource utilization to achieve the highest quality outcomes during a patient's rehabilitation experience. The CM II coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization, from admission to post discharge. As an effective communicator, the CM II manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions. The CM II facilitates timely communication regarding the patient's care, establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing patient's psychosocial and support systems issues. The Case Manager II oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management. The CM II performs ongoing utilization review and acts as a liaison to the payor while assuring that cost effective treatment is provided by the team. The case manager assures that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
Job code: 101052
License and Certification:
- RN required
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline.
- If licensure is required for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for CCM® or ACM certification upon entry into this position OR within two years of entry into the position.
- CCM® or ACM certification required OR must be obtained within two years of being placed in the Case Manager II position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing, RN licensure with BSN preferred. A diploma is acceptable only in those states whose minimum requirement for licensure or certification is a diploma rather than an Associate Degree.
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Job ID: 2132161
Contact Name - External: Christine Filer
Contact Email - External: Christine.Filer@encompasshealth.com