Encompass Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls, NJ is a Joint Commission Certified 60-bed physical rehabilitation hospital. We admit adults across a wide-array of diagnoses who are recovering from a recent and often significant medical event. We are certified in stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehabilitation, Parkinson’s disease rehabilitation, hip fracture rehabilitation, cardiac rehabilitation, and pulmonary rehabilitation.
We are a hospital dedicated to acute physical rehab for patient’s just days out of surgery or the IUC having suffered a major and often significant medical event. Our Doctors, nursing staff, pharmacists and therapists work with patients 7 days a week helping them not only recover, but overcome their injury and return home to their lives and families.
We are changing lives every day! Come be a part of the great work that we do!
The Hospital Educator plans, develops and coordinates continuing clinical and non-clinical in-service education programs within the hospital for all staff. The Hospital Educator works with hospital leadership and staff to assess current educational needs and develops a plan to satisfy those needs. The position also assists in ongoing revision and implementation of policies and procedures, protocol development and equipment implementation. This position is involved in the orientation of new staff and coordinates CPR certification for staff as needed. This position functions with limited supervision, and must be able to work effectively across all hospital departments. Additionally, the Hospital Educator is expected to stay current on the latest care techniques within their own educational area of expertise and may serve as the point-person for local schools that have classes of students completing clinical rotations at the hospital.
The Employee Health responsibilities for this position includes:
* Developing and monitoring the employee health program
* Coordinating the Workers’ Compensation program
* Evaluating and making recommendations for individual employee/patient care needs as applicable
* Analyzing and interpreting collected employee health data
* Reporting significant trends to the multidisciplinary Patient Safety and Infections Control Committees
* Conducting investigations and surveillance of suspected outbreaks of employee infection
* Assuring compliance with JC, CDC, OSHA, and other federal and state standards and guidelines as appropriate.
License or Certification:
- Active licensure as a Registered Nurse
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Appropriate education to obtain and maintain required licensure
- Previous experience as an Educator preferred
- CRRN certification preferred
- CPR certified
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 2 Centre Plaza, Tinton Falls 07724
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2132433