The Support Services Supervisor directs all operations for purchasing, receiving ,warehouse, inventory, supply distribution for the hospital, and oversees transportation functions related to patients who are transferred to and from the facility via the facility van. The position develops and implements inventory control, maintains revenue and cost control for chargeable items, and negotiates with vendors as required. The Supervisor is also responsible for holding staff accountable for performance, and is responsible for the day to day operations of the department. This position reports department and patient issues to its supervisor as needed and attends leadership functions within the facility.
Job Code: 100918
License or Certification:
- Valid state drivers' license, CDL preferred.
- Current CPR Certification
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous transportation or scheduling experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of hospital supply management/distribution preferred.
- Previous management/supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to analyze complex or diverse information.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to manage and complete projects on time and budget.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to think critically and improve and promote quality.
- Ability to understand business implications of decisions; as needed to align work with strategic goals.
- Ability to manage competing demands as needed to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to act with professionalism as needed to approach others in a tactful manner and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2050 Versailles Road, Lexington 40504
Job ID: 2133138