Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital- an affiliate of Encompass Health
Do you want to do something meaningful in your career?
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA is a 110-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our maintenance staff are critical to our ability to provide a safe, attractive and fully functional hospital. We are helping our patients overcome a recent and serious injury, so they can return home to their families and their lives.
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains the physical plant and grounds to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for our patients, visitors and employees.
If you have worked in facilities or maintenance positions for hospitals, schools, factories, large retailers, malls, restaurants or other institution settings you may have gained the skills we are looking for!
This position handles preventative maintenance and repairs for a wide range of hospital equipment and utility systems, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, light construction, painting, and grounds keeping. Additional responsibilities may include security and floor care as assigned.
Encompass Health offers a comprehensive benefits package, which begins on your 1st day of employment, as well as a competitive salary and lucrative on call compensation.
Job Code: 100085
License or Certification:
- Experience with electrical, plumbing or HVAC ideal.
- Professional licenses not required, but a plus!
- Valid driver's license required.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the areas of preventative maintenance, equipment and systems repair, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical required.
- Previous experience in a hospital setting is preferred; not required.
- Motor vehicles, outdoor equipment such as lawn mowers and snow blowers, personal protective equipment, dollies, pressure washer, hand tools, ladders, air compressors, brooms, vacuums, meters, carts, knives, hose, power tools, and hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis and ability to push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes lifting, pushing and/or pulling equipment, supplies and tools. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting pushing and/or pulling are undertaken that exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must demonstrate the ability to tolerate frequent position changes such as twisting, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, and bending positions for complete shift.
- Ability to work on ladders, and be able to sit, stand and walk for momentary to extended periods of time.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 2133521