The Environmental Services Aide maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe environment in all areas of the Hospital in accordance with our quality standards, as well as local, state and federal regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Performs routine and isolation cleaning procedures according to infection control standards.
- Cleans and empties waste receptacles according to infection control standards.
- Understands and institutes standards for cleanliness and sanitation.
- Uses chemicals properly in accordance with manufacturer’s labels.
- Maintains and monitors equipment and supplies; stores all supplies in proper areas.
- Collaborates with Nursing and Admissions and insures patient rooms are ready for patient arrivals.
- Demonstrates competent use of proper body mechanics in all activities.
- Completes floor care including stripping, buffing, waxing and carpet care as required.
- Delivers and distributes linen to patient care and treatment areas.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Job Code: 100077
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- High duster, vacuum, mop, spray bottles, floor polisher, linen carts, trash carts.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 50 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Exposure to cleaning solvents & chemicals.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2133555