As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Tax Administrative Assistant plays an important role in helping to organize and administer the Home Office Tax department. Reporting directly to the Chief Tax Officer, this position will also provide critical support to other senior members of the tax management team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Supports Chief Tax Officer and senior team members on routine tax matters and special projects. Plans and coordinates a variety of events, meetings, and projects for the department.
- Receives and screens visitors and/or telephone calls and routes to appropriate area or individual.
- Takes and relays accurate messages, and answers routine inquiries.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, charts, and graphs, which may be confidential in nature.
- Coordinates meetings/conferences/travel; schedules appointments; maintains the department calendar.
- Establishes/maintains record-keeping and filing systems.
- Classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, reports, and other documents.
- Attends meetings as requested in order to take, prepare, and distribute minutes.
- Opens, sorts, reviews and distributes mail.
- Maintains an appropriate level of office supplies and keeps work areas organized and well stocked.
- Perform special projects relating to job responsibilities of the department.
- Helps prepare presentations for audiences such as Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Assists with the processing of various tax returns as needed.
- Responds to federal and state notices; corresponds and interacts with respective taxing authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- One to three years of experience preferred with the principles and practices of corporate organization, planning, records management and general administration with a professional services firm or in the finance, tax, or legal department of a large corporation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Access and various tax software applications (Workflow, etc.) preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2133845