Fairlawn Rehabilitation is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist who is detail oriented, has strong communication and organizational skills and is able to multi-task in an accurate and timely fashion to successfully process Accounts Payable as assigned by the supervisor in accordance with HS policy and procedures.
- Codes items such as invoices, vouchers, check requests, etc., with correct GL account codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Matches corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices, including receiving documentation.
- Completes invoice data entry into accounts payable system with accuracy.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Monitors available Accounts Payable status reports and adheres to the monthly closings schedule as it pertains to Accounts Payable.
- Reconciles vendor statements to invoice activity which has been data entered in the Accounts Payable sub-ledger.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Data entry into various spreadsheets in Excel.
- Prepares cash deposits.
- Audits Purchasing Card transactional activity.
- Provides support to employees with questions pertaining to the electronic process of submitting Employee Expense Reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Job code: 100532
- Associates degree preferred or 3-4 years accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed for responding to both internal and external customers.
- Very strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Able to multi-task.
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Focused on providing timely follow up to pending issues.
- Able to work independently, without constant supervision.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Focused on meeting deadlines.
- Comfortable working with Excel spreadsheets.
Physical Requirements: - Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. - Handicapped accessible.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards. - Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2134230