As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Senior Non Income Tax Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of recurring and non-recurring tax functions including tax return preparation and preparation of related compliance filings and supporting documentation. This position is responsible for state and local sales, use, business license, unclaimed property and property tax compliance while ensuring that all data necessary to prepare the tax returns is complete and accurate. Other responsibilities may include preparing and filing applications for new registrations and licenses, assisting with state and local audits, gathering and organizing supporting information and executing research efforts associated with non-income tax matters and any other matters as assigned. Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills are required as is the ability to effectively solve problems. Individuals in this position must be able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team while prioritizing work and resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Prepares and files sales/use and property tax returns by due date.
- Prepares city and county business licenses.
- Prepares and timely completes, within budget, other tax projects as assigned.
- Review and respond to notices, audits and appeals associated with non-income tax matters
- Assists with non-income tax issues arising from acquisitions, dispositions, financing, new construction and development activities.
- Conducts research associated with non-income tax matters.
- Provide accurate and timely guidance to Accounting for all non-income tax matters
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
License or Certification:
- CMI designation preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 - 15 years of experience in Tax, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or Payroll preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer is required.
- Experience with Vertex preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
- Benefits that begin when you do.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2210372