More success for patients and professionals
BE THE CONNECTION with Encompass Health of Tinton Falls, NJ
In your role as a Rehabilitation Therapy Technician, you’ll be the connection between the additional one-on-one time we enjoy with each patient and the progress they make. Following them throughout their stay, you’ll work with the latest technologies and experience unprecedented growth opportunities within your chosen field. Get to know your patients and help them reach their goals while pursuing some of your own, as part of national post-acute care leader Encompass Heath.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Rehabilitation Therapy Technician
Working under the direct supervision of a licensed OTR, PT, or SLP, provide routine direct patient care treatment programs, clerical duties, scheduling and patient transportation activities to support the care of patients and the efficiency of the operation. Collaborate with all members of the healthcare team to provide services to patients.
- Direct patient care treatment programs, such as range of motion and exercise programs, ADLs, ambulation, bed mobility, endurance training, and application of superficial modalities, fabrication of adaptive equipment, carryover of positioning techniques, and carryover of use of assistive devices are carried out in accordance with professional guidelines.
- Patient objective and subjective responses to treatment is observed and accurately recorded. Any changes are immediately reported to appropriate team member.
- Scheduling patients for required therapy and coordinating rescheduling as needed.
- Clerical activities are performed, including recording services rendered to the patient, answering the phone, filing, and data entry to help the patient and facility run efficiently.
- Cleanliness and organization of assigned areas is maintained and routine cleaning of equipment is performed per department guidelines.
- Light housekeeping activities including changing linen, laundry, and other duties are completed to meet established objectives.
- Documentation to support reimbursement is completed within organizational and regulatory guidelines.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or enrolled in Allied Health Program preferred.
- Experience working in inpatient or outpatient physical therapy settings and with medically complex patients preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Address: 2 Centre Plaza, Tinton Falls 07724
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2210405