As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The National Director, Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) provides strategic leadership and direction in developing, implementing, and embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion across the organization. Reporting to the Chief HR Officer, this role partners with national, regional, and hospital leaders to ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion is leveraged and integrated into the organization to optimize patient and employee experiences, and also broaden community partnerships to continue to have the company as a trusted provider of choice.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Partners with the CHRO and CEO to set the DEI strategy. Sets the strategic direction for DE&I: recommending, developing, implementing and managing all aspects of the strategy, including measurement and programmatic change.
- Leverages change management to implement a multi-faceted, results-oriented diversity and inclusion strategies and implementation across the organization.
- Builds framework and infrastructure to support a national model to engage community partners to support broader DEI strategy.
- Develops and implements a DE&I strategic plan and annual goals that emphasize and align with organizational goals to deliver safe, high-quality, culturally competent care that results in improved patient and family outcomes.
- Serves as the senior advisor to hospital leadership on DE&I issues and helps create associated work plans and measures (from concept to completion) that advance diversity and inclusion locally. Encourages participation in Hospital Diversity Committees.
- Develops and maintains relationships internally to support recruitment, engagement and retention of a diverse workforce. Works closely with Organizational Development to ensure that diverse internal candidates are represented on succession profiles.
- Creates and monitors a framework for tracking, reporting and communicating around DE&I metrics and progress.
- Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders, such as Human Resources, Marketing & Communications, Supply Chain, etc. to define and measure KPIs related to DE&I and to drive implementation processes for advancing DE&I messaging across the company.
- Determines allocation of resources for DE&I based on project priorities.
- Identifies external trends and recognizes best practice which will increase diversity among the workforce.
- Maintains communication between hospital employees and corporate management.
- Reviewing the organizations workplace, policies and procedures, ensuring that they are all inclusive.
- Makes recommendations, evaluates and monitors DE&I operations’ budget.
- Collaborates on the organization’s compliance and reporting programs.
- Serves as organizational expert on changes in regulatory and market conditions that may affect the organization’s inclusion programs and implement changes and/or adjustments to ensure compliance.
- Partners with outside agencies that align with the company’s DE&I objectives.
- Master’s degree preferred. Will consider Bachelor’s Degree with at least 7-10 years of related experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of related DE&I or HR experience
- Experience in change management, human resources, or working with cross-functional teams to implement broad based strategic plans
- Ability to influence without direct authority and superior interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent change management, communication, organizational, decision-making, and leadership skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to flex across different leadership styles to engage and build trust with various stakeholder groups.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook, Internet and PowerPoint required.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
- Benefits that begin when you do.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2210416