The Nutrition Services Clerk is responsible for essential clerical duties associated with the nutritional care and food service to patients. The Nutrition Services Clerk must ensure that patients receive food as ordered by their Physician and/or Dietitian. The position ensures patient meal services are carried out properly, patient food trays are assembled correctly and expeditiously. The Nutrition Services Clerk will assist in kitchen as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Distributes and collects menus, assists patients with diet orders, and processes menus.
- Updates patient kardex as required to include all diet changes; documents nourishments as ordered.
- Visits patients to gather food preference, allergies and to document all nutritional history.
- Completes production sheets and documents all special food requests.
- Checks patient tray lines to ensure each meal is accurate to diet, patient request, and garnishing.
- Prepares and checks early trays; assures that food carts leave kitchen at scheduled times.
- Performs cleaning duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately
Job Code: 100071
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one-year experience as a Diet Clerk/Nutrition Services Clerk in an acute care facility preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- General office equipment, mixer, ovens, steamer, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales,dish washer.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 200 pounds per cart. Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible. Hot and cold temperatures extremes.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2210755