As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Tax Analyst I is responsible for performing a variety of recurring and non-recurring tax functions including tax return preparation and preparation of related compliance filings and supporting documentation. This position is responsible for State and Local Sales, Use, Business License and Property Tax compliance while ensuring that all data necessary to prepare the tax returns is complete and accurate. Other responsibilities may include preparing and filing applications for new registrations and licenses, creating and processing check requests for tax returns and other compliance filings as well as assisting with state and local audits including gathering and organizing supporting information. Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills are required as is the ability to effectively solve problems and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team while prioritizing work
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Prepares and files sales/use and property tax returns by due date.
- Prepares check requests, assembles returns for filings and performs other administrative tasks.
- Prepares city and county licenses.
- Prepares and timely completes, within budget, other tax projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s Degree in related field is preferred, but not required
- 0-5 years experience. Some experience in Tax, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounting or Payroll preferred
- Some experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer is required. Experience with Vertex preferred
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2210797