As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Clinical Application Analyst provides support for configuration, design, implementation and troubleshooting for clinical applications. Maintains the clinical information system, scheduling system, lab interfaces and assigned projects in inpatient and outpatient sites. This includes participating in all project roll out phases including onsite assessments, designing, building, testing, training and supporting end users. This position develops a comprehensive understanding of the application functionality, reporting capabilities, interfacing and integration associated with clinical applications assigned. The Clinical Application Analyst is able to effectively engage with end users to train, analyze workflows, optimize user experience and promote adoption.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Trains end users and provides Go Live support.
- Trains and supports end users on powerchart, powerorders/CPOE, pharmnet, powerplans, HIM, XR printing, scanning, IView, HealtheCare, CareTracker, ePrescribe, Dragon dictation/physician documentation, rev cycle/scheduling and other adopted solutions.
- Performs workflow assessments and completes DCWs on time to facilitate design processes.
- Performs comprehensive testing of the clinical systems in both Prod and non-Prod environments.
- Documents all activities and reports findings.
- Participates in system upgrade activities.
- Reviews and designs new functionality available, testing, and training.
- Resolves clinical process and content issues associated with the clinical system implementation.
- Serves a subject matter expert on the clinical system recommendations, processes, and content.
- Understands and teaches clinical reporting solutions and options.
- Understands and teaches clinical reporting solutions such as Discern, Lights On, PowerInsight and others.
- Contributes to needs analyses, uses design tools and develops training materials.
- Leads and plans site education.
- Promotes and leads the change initiatives required in hospitals to transition from paper-based system to electronic system and continued adoption.
- Participates in on-call rotation to provide ongoing support to end users.
- Guides clinicians in solution demonstrations, design sessions, and end user training. ― Effectively transfers knowledge to end users.
- Serves as primary contact in the change management process for changes, testing and delivery.
- Gathers data on performance metrics to facilitate review of system effectiveness/efficiency.
- Takes the initiative to advance knowledge of solutions/applications.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Demonstrates flexibility in transitioning between assigned task/duties including ACE IT Implementation, project work, end user training, design/development testing, troubleshooting, analysis of system adoption/use, scheduling application implementation and support.
License or Certification:
- Active clinical license preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in health related field or Health informatics or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 2 year experience in a healthcare environment. Rehab experience preferred.
- Experience working in Electronic Health Record environment is preferred.
- Experience in accessing workflow effectively (preferred understanding of rehabilitation workflow).
- One to three years of experience implementing an EMR in an inpatient or ambulatory care setting
- Experience in complex healthcare technology implementations or experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, ability to engage staff collaboratively at all levels.
- Strong organization skills with an ability to work independently to complete projects.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; listening, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent quantitative data analysis and proficiency with relevant software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Must possess skills in project management, business and clinical process redesign.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2210822