As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
As part of the Government Affairs team, the Political & Government Relations Specialist will focus on tasks associated with the Encompass Health Political Action Committee (PAC), with emphasis on its organization and growth. The Specialist will also provide operational and administrative support to the Government Affairs team, including but not limited to coordinating travel arrangements and meeting scheduling, maintaining and updating grassroots communications website, providing research and analysis on current healthcare policy topics, and carry out ad-hoc tasks as necessary. Working closely with senior Government Affairs team members, the Specialist role will enhance the effectiveness of the department by responding to multiple and diverse requests in a fast-paced professional environment. The Specialist will have to execute on plans and instructions under deadline; write clearly and communicate quickly; exhibit an outward-facing mindset with strong interpersonal skills; and, take on new tasks and opportunities on short notice, while balancing competing priorities. The Specialist will gain valuable exposure to strategic political and policy development for a large healthcare provider while also having the opportunity to become an integral part of a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Assumes primary responsibility of all EHC PAC filings with the Federal Election Commission.
- Devises and implements internal PAC fundraising strategy under guidance of EHC PAC’s chairman.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations and other materials for both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinates meetings.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Manages the department calendar.
- Collaborates with trade association and other PAC Attends periodic trade association meetings.
- Enters and submits expense reports.
***This position will sit in our Washington, DC office.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in government affairs, fundraising, or PAC management
- Familiarity with FEC reporting guidelines, processes, and regulations
- Experience in a work environment involving political fundraising
- Experience with PAC administration, and familiarity with federal campaign finance laws and regulations promulgated by the Federal Election Commission (FEC), including monthly FEC filings using FECFile and reporting requirements for PACs
- Interest in and basic understanding of federal healthcare policy.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2210875