More personalized patient care
More professional impact
BE THE CONNECTION.
In your role as Pharmacist (Pool), you’ll be the connection between more personal, exceptional care and the positive effect it has on patients. Take this chance to have an impact on each patient in a more profound way during their stay with us. Make the most of your clinical and management skills with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What makes Encompass Health careers different—and better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
The Pharmacist contributes to excellent patient outcomes and satisfaction through:
- Ensuring the daily operations within the hospital pharmacy allow the pharmacy to meet all customer and patient expectations.
- Contributing to and developing pharmacy specific policies and procedures, ensuring all policies and procedures meet all applicable Joint Commission and other auditing agency regulations.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team; providing the appropriate information to the team and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Accurate interpretation of medication orders, and compound and dispense medication preparations in accordance with the legal and professional standards of pharmacy practice.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Our patients come with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better pharmacist is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100092
License or Certification
- Licensed in good standing by the appropriate state pharmacy board.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successful completion a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment.
Address: 1250 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas 89102
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2211882