Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Nittany Valley
Nutrition Services Aide - Full Time
Pleasant Gap PA
We are seeking a highly motivated, dedicated person to join our Nutrition Services staff as a Nutrition Services Aide. In this position, you will support the entire hospital, with attention to detail, a positive outlook, and a desire to be part of our patients’ journey back to independence.
Nutrition Services Aide responsibilities include:
- Maintains proper temperature for both hot and cold foods.
- Interprets written recipes and follows written and/or verbal orders, requests, and instructions.
- Replenishes condiments and other items as needed. · Breaks down carts and removes scraps from patient trays.
- Inventories and stocks refrigerator and freezers, as needed.
- Restocks necessary food and beverage items, paper products and serving utensils.
- Assembles/delivers late patient trays, supplements, nourishments and special requests as needed.
- Assists cook as needed.
- Works on Tray line.
- Portions, weighs, and garnishes food according to menus and specific diet instructions.
- Monitors and records temperatures, as necessary.
- Assembles patient trays to meet time tables.
- Assists patients in completing menus
- High school diploma or GED
- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable.
- Knowledge of food safety guidelines preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- General office equipment, mixer, ovens, steamer, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, dish washer. Physical Requirements
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
- Benefits that begin when you do.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 37 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit us online at encompasshealth.com/nittanyvalleyrehab.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
License or Certification:- Food handlers permit (if required by state or county regulations)Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable. Knowledge of food safety guidelines preferredMachines, Equipment Used:- General office equipment, mixer, ovens, steamer, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, dish washerPhysical Requirements: - Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.- Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time. - Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds. - Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking. - Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.Compliance:- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.Skills and Abilities:- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.- Ability to work independently without supervision.Environmental Conditions:- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.- Handicapped accessible.- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible- Hot and cold temperatures extremes- May work under stressful circumstances at times.Proficiency or Productivity Standards:- Meets established attendance standards.- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 550 West College Avenue, Pleasant Gap 16823-8808
Job ID: 2215792