The Infection Preventionist (IP) directs managerial functions of planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the Infection Control Program. The IP has the authority of the Medical Staff and Governing Body to take necessary steps to prevent and/or control the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents in the patient, staff, and visitor populations
The Infection Preventionist (IP) is responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of hospital acquired infections; educating employees about infection control; and the development of organizational infection control standards that meet state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies, CDC, OSHA, and APIC guidelines.
License or Certification:
- Current license or registration certification as a physician or registered nurse, or
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a healthcare field.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- CIC Preferred
- Training in infection control and/or epidemiology
- 1 year experience in acute hospital infection control practice preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
Address: 1237 W. Sherman Ave., Vineland 08360
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2216229