The Therapy Team leader assists the Director of Therapy Operations in day to day operations of a therapy team or discipline. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective supervisory skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in licensed discipline evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of therapist assistants and technicians.
- Assists with staffing, scheduling, orientation, training and communications to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- Typically provides patient care in licensed discipline 80% - 90% of work hours.
The Therapy Team Leader helps create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance. The Team Leader creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping staff to improve their clinical skills, and overall performance, through staff development and mentoring. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100019
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification; in states where licensing is not required, defer to state practice act.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program preferred
- A minimum of three years discipline specific or leadership experience required, with no less than 2 years being clinical.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or specialty professional certification, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Working knowledge of discipline specific therapy equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends and/or evenings if needed to meet job requirements.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 20601 Old Cutler Road, Miami 33189
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2216797