The Rehabilitation Nurse Technician is responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care activities appropriate to training and competency
- Assisting RN/LPN in completing tasks that support patient care activities
- Completes patient care activities as assigned while promoting excellent patient satisfaction and outcomes.
Certified Medication Assistant, CMA, Rehab Nurse Tech, Patient Care Tech, Certified Nurse Aide, STNA, State tested nurse aide, SRNA, State registered nurse aide, Nurse Aide, RNT, PCT, CAN, Certified Nursing Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Nurse Tech/Technician, Patient Care Assistant, PCA, Home Health Aide, Hospice Aide, Med/Medication Tech or Technician, Behavioral Technician, Sitter, LNA, HHA, Caregiver
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- CPR certification, CNA Certfication preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in inpatient general hospital setting preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 3800 Ridgeway Drive, Birmingham 35209
Shift: Night Job
Job ID: 2216929