As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
Encompass Health is seeking an individual to assist with the administration and monitoring of an enterprise class infrastructure to deliver information technology value to the company. The ideal candidate would work well as part of a larger team while being self-motivated and results oriented.
The Systems Engineer I in the Desktop Management group is a server team entry-level position responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, upgrades, and management of infrastructure hardware and enterprise applications. Clear communication skills with users, management, and across functional teams are required along with the ability to build and maintain solutions driven by organizational strategy and objectives.
The individual would be trained to perform the specific technical duties of this position. The most important attributes for success are:
- Fast learning.
- Dedication to results.
- Willingness to work within variable project deadlines.
- Team fit.
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Imprivata OneSign.
- SolarWinds Monitoring Platform
- Server operating systems and hardware.
- Microsoft technologies.
- Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Relevant Information Technology certifications preferred
- Familiar with regulatory compliance
- Privacy and Security
- Basic understanding and demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting abilities in a multi-tier architecture
- Manage and maintain site-related documentation
- Produce progress, problem and status reports, as required by management
- Manage service providers for prompt problem resolution
- Incident Management, Change management and Problem Management
- Hardware installation, configuration and maintenance
- Software installation, configuration and maintenance
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- System backup and recovery methods
- Disaster recovery processes
- Group interaction, influence to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems
- Desktop Management Systems Engineer I requirements:
- Experience and/or knowledge in administration and support of one or more of the following technologies:
- Software packaging and distribution
- Desktop operating system builds and deployment
- Automated desktop patching
- Single sign-on and password reset
- Desktop monitoring and performance management
- Application Virtualization (Citrix or App-V)
- SolarWinds Monitoring Platform
- Desktop Quality Assurance
- End user device procurement
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2217449