Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Sewickley, PA
Do you want to do something meaningful in your career and help others at the same time?
Encompass Health of Sewickley, PA is a 55-bed inpatient physical rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient medical services designed to return patients to their homes leading active and independent lives. We care for people recently recovering from a significant medical event or injury.
Our maintenance staff are critical to our ability to provide a safe, attractive and fully operational hospital.
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains the physical plant and grounds to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for our patients, visitors and employees.
If you have worked in facilities or maintenance positions for hospitals, schools, factories, large retailers, malls, restaurants or other institution settings you may have gained the skills we are looking for!
This position handles preventative maintenance and repairs for a wide range of hospital equipment and utility systems, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, light construction, painting, and grounds keeping. Additional responsibilities may include security and floor care as assigned.
Encompass Health offers a comprehensive benefits package, which begins on your 1st day of employment, as well as a competitive salary and lucrative on call compensation.
Job Code: 100085
Keywords: 15143, maintenance, mechanic, apprentice, industrial mechanic, facilities, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, plumber, electrician
License or Certification:
- Experience with institutional electrical, plumbing or HVAC ideal, professional license not required.
- Valid driver's license.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the areas of preventative maintenance, equipment and systems repair, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and/or construction required.
- Previous experience in an institutional setting preferred, but not required.
- Current licensed or Journeyman Electrician, Plumber or HVAC background welcomed to apply.
- Motor vehicles, outdoor equipment such as lawn mowers and snow blowers, personal protective equipment, dollies, pressure washer , hand tools, ladders, air compressors, brooms, vacuums, meters, welders, leak detection equipment, gauges, carts, knives, hose, maps, power tools, scaffolds, air powered equipment, hazardous chemicals, torches, refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, and other HVAC/R equipment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis and ability to push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes lifting, pushing and/or pulling equipment, supplies and tools. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting pushing and/or pulling are undertaken that exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds. - Must demonstrate the ability to tolerate frequent position changes such as twisting, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, and bending positions for complete shift.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds and be able to sit, stand and walk for momentary to extended periods of time.
Address: 351 Camp Meeting Road, Sewickley 15143-8348
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2217591