In your role as case manager, you can be the connection between exceptional care and the positive effect it has on every patient during their stay with us. Make an impact in a more profound way with your clinical and management skills as a part of national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Actively manage and direct use of resources to achieve the highest quality outcomes and patient experiences.
• Coordinate and advocate for the patient during hospitalization, from admission to post-discharge.
• Manage information/communication to effectively oversee healthcare delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan-of-care decisions.
• Monitor the discharge plan implementation while identifying/addressing the patient’s psychosocial and support-systems issues.
• Oversee the coordination of services and manage issues in the areas of admission/discharge, team conference/interdisciplinary plan-of-care communication, patient/family education, payor relations and total fiscal management.
• Ensure that cost-effective treatment is provided and patient’s-rights regulations are followed.
• Two or more years of rehabilitation experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
• Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner required.
• Ability to work independently essential.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, SW, OT, PT, ST, and Rehabilitation Counseling).
- If licensure is required for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for CCM® or ACM certification upon entry into this position OR within two years of entry into the position.
- CCM® or ACM certification required OR must be obtained within two years of being placed in the Case Manager II position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing, RN licensure with BSN preferred. A diploma is acceptable only in those states whose minimum requirement for licensure or certification is a diploma rather than an Associate Degree.
- For all other eligible licensed or certified health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 222 State Street, LUDLOW 01056
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2217809