The Purchasing Coordinator performs a variety of duties associated with purchasing and supply management. This position is responsible for receiving and processing all hospital and/or departmental requisitions and purchase orders, maintaining appropriate inventory levels in accordance with hospital procedures, and maintains control of supplies and equipment for all hospital departments.
Job Code: 100570
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of hospital supply and purchasing management preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 835 South Main Street, Dayton 45402
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2218699