This is a full-time, 12-hour shift position on the night shift, 7p-7:30a. Every other weekend work is required. There is also an additional shift differential for working nights.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients
- Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided by LPNs, RNTs/CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
- Assessing and reassessing of patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner
- Creating a plan of care that is individualize to patient needs and is reflective of patient goals.
Job Code: 101160
License or Certification:
- Current California RN licensure is required.
- Active CPR certification is required. (American Heart Association approved)
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 14851 Yorba Street, Tustin 92780
Shift: Night Job
Job ID: 2219855