Remote Pharmacists support multiple Encompass Health hospitals, each with a daily census of 30 to 60 patients. This position uses ACEIT and various medication processes to assess, plan, intervene when necessary, implement and evaluate patient care in compliance with each of these hospitals concerning their policies, protocols and procedures. The Remote Pharmacist participates with other members of the healthcare team helping patients achieve positive clinical outcomes by monitoring, evaluating, verifying, ordering, and making recommendations to assure the appropriate, safe and effective use of pharmaceuticals for all patients. This position uses professional judgment with respect to any clinical decisions and recommendations. The Remote Pharmacist assumes responsibility for any staff working under their supervision
License or Certification:
- Licensed in good standing by the State Pharmacy Board. For the State in which the hospital is located.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. High-speed internet connection.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Address: 120 12th Street, Princeton 24740
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2220101