As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Benefits Consultant II is responsible for planning, organizing, and administering the benefit plans in such a manner as to assist in supporting the overall retention of employees. The Benefits Consultant II collaborates and assist with projects with benefit carriers, external department, and the HRD's to implement new programs and develop best practices. The Benefits Consultant II is responsible for creating an environment and culture that enables the hospital's management to fulfil its mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Provides guidance, training and support to HRDs.
- Helps others understand and implement benefit plans, programs, and various incentives.
- Interprets and enforces federal regulations – ERISA, FMLA, COBRA and Health Care Reform
- Provides support and assistance in the retention of existing employees.
- Initiates funding of millions of dollars to carriers for claims, premiums, and 401(k) contributions.
- Maintains accurate benefits records in the corporate recordkeeping system.
- Assists in meeting personal or departmental goals or deadlines.
- Participates in annual enrollment process and performs activities assigned.
- Educates HRD as well as employees on enrollment process and plan or policy changes.
- Completes special projects and other duties as requested to support needs of organization.
- Keeps up-to-date with industry technologies for enhancing job responsibilities.
- Understands and utilizes company resources where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of HR/Benefits related experience preferred
- HRIS experience required. PeopleSoft experience preferred
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Job ID: 2220178