The role of chief nursing officer (CNO) affords you the ability to pursue a unique kind of professional achievement. This is your opportunity to be the connection between organizational excellence and the individual triumphs our patients achieve on a daily basis. Apply the vast knowledge, experience and skills you’ve acquired throughout your career to enhance the effectiveness of our teams and the services we proudly offer. Realize the positive, personal impact of leadership on a greater scale with leading post-acute care provider Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Develop and implement plans for providing nursing care, treatment and services, including the determination of the types/numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
• Develop a patient-focused, team-oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes.
• Take full responsibility for the quality nursing care provided.
• Represent Nursing on the governing body and other hospital committees.
• Support cultural diversity by ensuring the delivery of quality, equitable, culturally competent, patient-centered care.
• Promote and maintain an inclusive, diverse work environment and culture.
• Ensure that cultural diversity and sensitivity training are part of new-employee orientation on an ongoing basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
• Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted) required.
• Current BLS certification essential; ACLS preferred.
• CRRN certification within one year of the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination essential.
• Master’s degree in nursing or related field preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related OR a written plan to obtain such qualifications approved by the national CNO and the hospital CEO, unless higher degree required by state.
• Five or more years of experience in an inpatient hospital setting essential.
• Two or more years of recent (within the last five years) nursing management experience, including responsibilities such as 24-hour accountability, FTE management; policy, procedure and budgetary oversight; and conduction of disciplinary action required.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Address: 24430 Millstream Drive, Aldie 20105
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2220323