Now offering a $5,000 bonus for full time!
In your role as an occupational therapist (OT), you’ll be the connection between the additional one-on-one time we enjoy with each patient and the progress they make. Following them throughout their stay, you’ll work with the latest technologies and experience unprecedented growth opportunities within your chosen field. Get to know your patients and help them reach their goals, while pursuing some of your own as part of national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Effectively delegate tasks and supervise occupational therapist assistants and technicians.
• Provide occupational therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state and federal regulations and professional guidelines.
• Maintain open and ongoing communication with hospital departments to ensure that patient, staff and hospital needs are met.
• Current state licensure or certification on or before first day of employment required.
• CPR certification preferred, unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
• Successful completion of a degree from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S.-accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
• Effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers required.
• Demonstrated competency in occupational therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Address: PO Box 3817, Charlottesville 22903
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2220521