Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Prepare, season, and cook regular and therepeutic diets
• Serve patients meals specific to their medical needs
• Provide our employee body with breakfast, lunch, and dinner options
• Special events such as employee appreciation lunches, patient celebrations, etc
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
#cooking #food #foodie #instafood #chef #cook #dinner #healthyfood #tasty #kitchen #lunch #foodies #eat #baking #healthy #cheflife #recipes
License or Certification:
- Food handlers permit (if required by state or county regulations) Total Education, Vocational
Training and Experience:
- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable.
- Knowledge of all A.A.C.C.P. guidelines, preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety guidelines, preferred Machines
- General office equipment, convection oven, mixer, steamer, gas range, grill, oven, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales, meat slicer
- Ability to sit, stand for long periods, reach, push, pull and lift minimum of 20 pounds, stoop and kneel
- Ability to grasp and use fine finger movement, feel fine sensation to discern temperate and texture.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbal arenas as well as via email.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to ensure sanitation of department
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e. before, during or after a disaster.
- Regular attendance and reporting on time to work is a requirement of position.
Address: 1055 N Curtis Road, Boise 83706
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2221861