As the leader of rehabilitative care, Encompass Health offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its national network of rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies that spans 42 states and Puerto Rico. Setting the standard for providing excellent care, Encompass Health has earned its place among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” and the Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021.
The Payroll Specialist performs and creates accurate and timely payment to employees in compliance with regulations and in accordance with company policies and procedures. This is accomplished by reconciling facility and employee level compensation, tax, and benefit information. This position is the primary business partner for assigned facilities’ Payroll and Human Resource management, and assists in troubleshooting questions regarding all aspects of payroll items.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Demonstrates commitment to hospitals regarding payroll payment, taxes, deductions and benefits.
- Accesses current policies and procedures and incorporates into daily activities.
- Initiates supervisor review on questionable items including employee pay, taxation, and benefits.
- Works closely with teammates to recognize and report payroll issues to the supervisor.
- Works with hospital personnel to deliver timely and accurate information and payments.
- Processes intercompany mail and fax distribution within payroll department.
- Operates folding/sealing equipment, as needed, to complete payroll processing.
- Processes payrolls under the direct guidance of the Supervisor.
- Processes general deductions, employee tax setups, garnishments, and time entry.
- Works with hospital payroll representatives on processing issues.
- Processes off-cycle check requests.
- Provides phone coverage to all hospitals.
- Updates to PeopleSoft employee information.
- Keys and reconciles payroll.
- Counts checks and matches totals to weekly facility information sheets.
- Communicates with HR on new hires and checks system for new hire activity.
- Coordinates workflow with supervisor in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Is responsible for all tax data set up changes.
- Assists hospitals with pay designation questions.
- Verifies payroll totals for hospital.
- Monitors and reviews overpayment and collection issues.
- Enters Direct Deposit Information for assigned employees at assigned facilities.
- Processes and maintains files on all stop payment and direct deposit information.
- Maintains reporting on payroll wires and direct deposit reversals.
- Covers any person’s desk if they are unable to report to work.
- Answers employee and hospitals questions via phone and email.
- Processes corporate office payroll if assigned facility.
- Prints corporate payroll checks and reports if assigned facility.
- Prints and distributes punch detail reports if assigned to corporate.
- Tracks compliance with timesheet requirements.
- Creates balance adjustments as needed.
- Enters benefit deduction refunds and coordinate mailing.
- Maintains Payroll UPS terminal and assists with tracking on undelivered packages.
- Processes Relocation Payments.
- Sets up garnishments and answers garnishments that require response.
- Processes modifications to existing garnishments (including releases).
- Creates, sends and maintains garnishment file to accounts payable.
- Corresponds with employees and hospital contacts regarding all garnishment issues.
- Resolves garnishment withholding errors.
- Adds new vendors to Garn Payee Table in PeopleSoft.
- Answers calls from Garnishment Hotline and emails from Garnishment Issues mailbox.
- Holds payments for garnishments that require the employer to hold payments until a specific time.
- Runs query to identify terminated employees with active garnishments.
- Notifies Withholding Agencies of terminated employees.
- Contacts appropriate parties for garnishments that have met limit amount.
- Determines if garnishments are paid in full.
- Contacts Accounts Payable and determine if garnishments received for non-employees may be for contract workers.
- Contacts HR regarding employees with active garnishments that have been on leave or without pay for more than 12 weeks.
- Prepares garnishment checks for mailing.
- Undergraduate or Associates preferred; some payroll experience or related field
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2221878