As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician inspects and repairs Encompass Health Corporation company aircraft to ensure that they are airworthy, dispatchable and ready to safely support Encompass Health Corporation aviation requirements.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Performs required maintenance and leads complex inspection activities on company operated aircraft in accordance with the manufacturer’s approved methods and techniques;
- Performs inspection and repairs to keep aircraft available to meet the flight schedule;
- Troubleshoots complex aircraft systems to identify and rectify the source of reported problems;
- Maintains compliance with applicable Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives on assigned aircraft;
- Accompanies assigned aircraft to outside repair facilities to oversee maintenance when required;
- Ensures that assigned maintenance tasks and related documentation are completed in accordance with the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs);
- Ensures that assigned activities are completed in a safe and responsible manner;
- Stops work and consults with the Director of Maintenance on all jobs or operations where safety is in doubt;
- Secures resources (or obtains through those able to secure) necessary to complete assigned maintenance activities;
- Stays informed and aware of all aircraft technology requirements;
- Ensures that work conditions are safe and that all equipment is used correctly;
- Ensures that Maintenance Risk Assessments (MRAT) are conducted in accordance with the AOM;
- Actively participates in the Encompass Health Corporation IS-BAO and Safety Management System (SMS) initiatives.
- Interfaces with flight crews during pre- and post-flight briefings;
- Performs pre- and post-flight inspections and clears any discrepancies found during the inspection;
- Oversees FBO aircraft marshalling and towing operations as required;
- Oversees third party aircraft detailing and cleaning as required;
- Moves and refuels aircraft at home base.
- Assists the flight crews with aircraft departures and arrivals including loading catering and baggage at departure and emptying the cabin and restoring it to flight ready condition upon the aircraft’s return;
- Assists with maintenance and repair of all ground support equipment as may be required;
- Participates in the identification and documentation of maintenance department processes;
- Constantly seeks opportunities to improve maintenance processes to enhance the effectiveness of the Encompass Health Corporation Aviation;
- Assists with hangar maintenance and upkeep as may be required;
- Performs other facilities related duties as requested by the Director of Maintenance
- Flexible to work various shifts that are dictated by aircraft flight schedules;
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance;
- Assists fellow Maintenance Team Members and the Director of Maintenance in carrying out the technical requirements to keep all Encompass Health Corporation aircraft airworthy and in a state of readiness to be dispatched in support of Encompass Health Corporation senior executive travel requirements.
License or Certification:
- Associates Degree preferred, or equivalent experience as determined by the Director of Maintenance; Successful completion of aircraft manufacturer’s approved initial and recurrent training programs on specific Encompass Health Corporation aircraft type(s) required.
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant license required; Inspection Authorization (IA) certification desired; valid driver’s license required; must have the ability to obtain an airport access badge.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of experience as an Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) Technician required;
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of experience in an MRO setting or flight department that performed maintenance in house preferred;
- One (1) to Two (2) years of team lead or supervisory experience preferred;
- Demonstrated experienced in FAA FAR Part 91 operations;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in aircraft systems and experience in the maintenance of corporate aircraft required;
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills and capability of solving complex technical issues with limited supervision required;
- Collaborates and functions effectively in a team environment;
- Strong project management and training skills;
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Capable of identifying process improvements.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2222130