The Floor Technician assists with the maintenance of the floor finishes to ensure a safe and efficient environment of care to serve the needs of the patients, visitors and employees. The Floor Technician is responsible for the sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition of the facility. This position performs manual tasks involving routine facility housekeeping according to the established schedules and procedures. Although the employee may work without supervision, work is continually subject to review from supervisors. The duties encompass some or all of the following: cleans and services facility building area; moves furniture, equipment, and supplies in and around the facility departments; dust mops, wet mops, buffs floors, shampoos carpets, and periodically strips and refinishes floors; washes walls, windows, vacuums ceiling vents, gathers and disposes of, as required, trash and dirty linen; cleans light fixtures, doors and high places using a step ladder when necessary. This position does not provide direct patient care.
Job Code: 101338
License or Certification:
- Valid driver's license may be required.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Six (6) months of floor care experience, or equivalent preferred. Additional training will be provided on the job.
- Experience in the areas of general housekeeping preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Personal protective equipment, dollies, hand tools, brooms, vacuums, meters, carts, knives, hose, mops, high duster, vacuum, spray bottles, floor polisher, linen carts, trash carts
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after an emergency or disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2800 West 15th Street, Plano 75075
Job ID: 2222192