The PASC will assure the accurate extraction of data from the clinical documentation. To perform this task the PASC will:
- Use discretion and independent judgment
- Coordinate the process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved for Medicare patients.
- Oversees all aspects of data collection on the IRF-PAI.
- Ensures the presence of supporting documentation
- Work closely with CNO and DTO to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines
- Educate staff on proper and accurate documentation as it applies to the IRF PAI.
- Develops and interprets policies and procedures and acts as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to FIM scoring and CARE coding.
This position requires a positive working relationship as well as serving as an educator to the medical staff.
Job Code: 101015
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Clinical licensed professional such as nurse, therapist, case management or other allied health provider
- FIM certified
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Appropriate to licensure , i.e., bachelors, associates degree or allied health degree as required for licensure
- 1 year experience in the healthcare setting
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Adheres to CMS and JC standards
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines, monitor processes or educate staff.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 3372 Laurens Road, Greenville 29607
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2222375