What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for hospital census and mix through the design and implementation of referral development strategies with an emphasis on direct, face-to-face marketing contacts and hospital system public image and community education. The position is responsible for all public relations, advertising, community events, patient screening events, and media relationships. The position is also responsible for commercial operations including working with payors. The Marketing Coordinator may also be responsible for pre-admission evaluation as assigned and assisting with the management, training and development of all marketing staff.
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
- Develops and implements plans for achieving budgeted census, mix, referral and contact objectives.
- Works with Regional Director of Managed Care to identify commercial contracting opportunities.
- Works with Admissions Supervisor to ensure appropriate contract rates are negotiated at admit.
- Maintains statistics and generates reports as required by the Business Development Director.
- Provides favorable media and community relationships and generates media coverage.
- Remains knowledgeable of and effectively promoting programs and internal resources.
- Effectively and ethically promotes the Company at conventions, seminars, etc.
- Plans and conducts presentations and tours for referral sources, media, community and families.
- Maintains membership and attends meetings of insurance groups and media/PR organizations.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors critical numbers and takes actions to reverse negative trends.
- Analyzes data by referral source, program, product line, physician, hospital and payor source.
- Understands past performance, conversion trends, and opportunities for growth.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Utilizes CRM for creating and monitoring liaison territory management, referrals and activities.
- Builds 30 days of activities in advance.
- Completes pre-call planning on minimum of 95% of activities (as described in the RDS Sales Cycle).
- Results and post call follow-up entered on minimum of 95% of all activities.
License or Certification:
- Current state driver’s license (in good standing) and acceptable driving record according to company policy.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative or nurse liaison at an Inpatient rehabilitation hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area. Master’s degree or work toward preferred.
- Successful sales/marketing experience and demonstrated track record in rehabilitation field.
- Knowledge of local medical community.
- Extensive experience with public relations, marketing campaigns, community events, statistical market research with proven results. Comprehensive presentation portfolio.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2222631