The Nursing Coordinator is responsible for scheduling direct care providers within the nursing department. This position also performs various clerical duties requiring excellent organizational skills. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Previous Scheduling Experience Required
- Responsibility statement (end with periods)
- Task Statement (end with periods)
- Works with nursing leaders to identify improvements in effectiveness of nursing department staffing.
- Assists and advises supervisors of any problems with nursing schedule.
- Advises on scheduling concerns including but not limited to absenteeism, tardiness, PTO requests, patterns in attendance and call offs.
- Manages attendance calendars for staff.
- Understands role in driving key performance indicators such as NHPPD.
- Ensures employee/contract/student files comply with Joint Commission and regulatory standards.
- Provides scheduling of educational opportunities to nursing staff.
- Under CNO supervision, schedules, coordinates, and informs nursing staff of their assigned schedule.
- Distributes nursing schedule in a timely manner.
- Advises supervisors of staffing ratio problems.
- Demonstrates strong computer proficiency using Microsoft Office products and other applications.
- Drafts professional and appropriate letters e-mails, reports and presentations.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee personal and financial data.
- Responsibly uses and records financial and other personal information obtained during the process of scheduling and payroll preparation.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2222688