Hiring for all positions full-time, part-time and PRN days and nights available
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona is an 80-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary, cardiac rehabilitation needs and more.
We have the second largest outpatient program for Encompass Health in Pennsylvania. We have outpatient clinics in Altoona, Duncansville, Tyrone and Bedford. Our clinics provide physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy in a team-based environment.
Our inpatient hospital has a full complement of therapists, nurses, behavioral health providers and medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that approximately 80% of the inpatients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes, many of which return for outpatient services to one of our clinics.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
Six JCAHO disease specific certification: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Cardiac and Ortho Rehab, Advanced Diabetes.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.encompasshealth.com/altoonarehab
Little things mean a lot as a Rehabilitation Nurse Technician I at Encompass Health. Compassion and attention to detail have a big impact on patient outcomes and the connections you make. Caring for patients with us, you'll have time to build relationships and enjoy the rewards of helping people get back to life as normal. Apply today and experience the difference the latest technology, a range of career opportunities, and working among like-minded peers can make.
A little about us:
We’re a Nurse-first organization. Whether you’re building a foundation in your early career or you’re a seasoned rehab nurse looking for a better environment to call home, we’re confident you’ll see the Encompass difference the moment you join. Recently named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, you’ll find we’re not your ordinary rehab hospital. Learn more when you apply here!
Our benefits start on day one:
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision plans for full and part-time employees and their families begins the same day you do
- Generous paid time off accrues over time
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- A flexible schedule lets you live your best life.
- A welcoming community of people who love what they do
Be the kind of Rehab Nursing Tech you’ve always wanted to be:
- Provide direct patient care based on your level of training and competence
- Assist an RN or LPN in completing patient-care support tasks
- Learn about each patient’s physical, mental, and emotional needs as you help them recover
- Build rewarding relationships with patients and peers
- Have opportunities to learn, grow, advance, and build skills that build careers
- Current CPT Certification required
- One or more years of experience in an inpatient rehabilitation hospital setting preferred, but not required
- Experience with medically complex patients and sub-acute rehab unit patients preferred
- State-issued C.N.S. or L.N.A. (or similar) license preferred
We can’t wait to meet with you and we mean that.
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Shift: Night Job
Job ID: 2223061
Contact Name - External: Christine Filer
Contact Email - External: Christine.Filer@encompasshealth.com