HR Assistant - New Grads Encouraged!
Part Time: 24-32hrs/week FULL BENEFITS
The Human Resources Assistant, under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, provides administrative support to the human resources function to include, but not limited to, recruitment and retention of staff, benefits administration, orientation of staff, worker’s compensation, and policy administration. This position is focused on primarily transactional, as opposed to strategic, human resource functions. This position assists with data entry and online employee license verification. The Human Resources Assistant is the front line for providing customer service to employee and manager needs. The Human Resources Assistant assists in federal, state, and Joint Commission survey preparedness activities. The Human Resources Assistant must have very strong organizational skills, the ability to keep employee information confidential, and have strong computer skills.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Human Resources Assistant
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
· Complies with state and federal regulations when setting policies and procedures.
· Complies state and federal regulations when dealing with daily employee situations.
· Assists with all HR office operations.
― Assists with benefits, recruitment and retention, workers’ compensation, staffing and wages, employee relations.
· Serves as a resource to the HR Director, department managers and other employees.
· Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
· Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
· Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
· Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
· BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
― Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
·Previous cleficial/administrative support/secretarial experience, preferably in Human Resources and/or healthcare (internship experience welcome)
· Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications - External
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2223150