New England Rehabilitation Hospiatl of Portland, a Joint Venture of Maine Medical Center and Encompass Health
Great opportunity to provide administrative support to our Admissions department! The Admissions Representative assumes the responsibility for the coordination of an efficient verification process for all referrals, gathering and verifying pertinent information, and completing necessary financial procedures to schedule and admit inpatient and/or outpatients. The position compiles and inputs statistical information into appropriate hospital systems.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Job Code: 100535
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; post education preferred.
• Preferred knowledge of third party payors.
• Six months experience or equivalent in hospital admissions preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
• General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
• Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
• Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
• Adheres to the company’s Standards of Business Conduct.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
• Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Address: 335 Brighton Avenue, Portland 04102
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2224178