New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland, a Joint Venture of Maine Medical Center and Encompass Health
The Hospital Educator plans, develops and coordinates continuing clinical and non-clinical in-service education programs within the hospital for all staff. The Hospital Educator works with hospital leadership and staff to assess current educational needs and develops a plan to satisfy those needs. The position also assists in ongoing revision and implementation of policies and procedures, protocol development and equipment implementation. This position is involved in the orientation of new staff and coordinates CPR certification for staff as needed. This position functions with limited supervision, and must be able to work effectively across all hospital departments. Additionally, the Hospital Educator is expected to stay current on the latest care techniques within their own educational area of expertise and may serve as the point-person for local schools that have classes of students completing clinical rotations at the hospital.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
Job Code: 100121
License or Certification:
- Active clinical license
- Appropriate education to obtain and maintain required licensure.
- Previous experience as an Educator preferred.
- If Registered Nurse, CRRN certification preferred.
- CPR certified.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 335 Brighton Avenue, Portland 04102
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2224193