The Maintenance Mechanic maintains the physical plant and ground to ensure a safe and efficient environment of care to serve the needs of the patients, visitors and employees. This position handles preventative maintenance and repairs for a wide range of hospital equipment and utility systems, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, light construction, painting, and grounds keeping. Additional responsibilities may include security and floor care as assigned.
License or Certification:
- Licensure in a field of specialty, such as electrical, plumbing or HVAC, preferred.
- Valid driver's license may be required.
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the areas of preventative maintenance, equipment and systems repair, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and/or construction required.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- Motor vehicles, outdoor equipment such as lawn mowers and snow blowers, personal protective equipment, dollies, pressure washer , hand tools, ladders, air compressors, brooms, vacuums, meters, welders, leak detection equipment, gauges, carts, knives, hose, maps, power tools, scaffolds, air powered equipment, hazardous chemicals, torches, refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, and other HVAC/R equipment.
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis and ability to push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes lifting, pushing and/or pulling equipment, supplies and tools. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting pushing and/or pulling are undertaken that exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must demonstrate the ability to tolerate frequent position changes such as twisting, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, and bending positions for complete shift.
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds and be able to sit, stand and walk for momentary to extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely work with hazardous materials
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 2224811