The Senior Business Development Director is responsible for supporting the Regional VP Business Development by developing marketing leaders, analyzing marketing processes and implementing remediation plans to improve marketing productivity. The Senior Business Development Director is responsible for improving the performance of designated marketing teams through the design and implementation of referral programs and customer service strategies. The Senior Business Development Director will oversee the admission process in designated hospitals. The Senior Business Development Director will manage, train and develop designated Business Development teams.
The Senior Business Development Director is responsible for helping create an environment and culture that enables the designated hospitals to fulfill their mission by meeting or exceeding goals, conveying the organization's mission to staff, holding staff accountable for performance and motivating staff to continuously improve performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 101149
License or Certification:
- Driver's license and acceptable driving record according to company policy.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Minimum 8 years experience as a marketing representative or nurse liaison in a Healthcare environment.
- Minimum of 4 years of successful sales management is required.
- Experience in the turnaround of a team is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related area preferred.
- Successful track record in leading and managing a sales and marketing team, preferably in Healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of post-acute healthcare required.
- Physician relations and Case Manager relations experience required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides marketing leadership and support to designated hospitals within the region.
- Supports and serves as a resource to the President, Regional VP Business Development, CEOs and Business Development Directors in the region.
- Under the direction of the Regional VP Business Development, provides guidance, support and education to the Business Development Directors and staff.
- Assists Regional VP Business Development in completing annual CPI assessments.
- Analyzes designated markets to identify and provide guidance on product lines, marketing programs and supporting collateral material.
For designated hospitals:
- Insures best practice programs for driving referrals and admissions are implemented.
- Reviews, evaluates and monitors critical numbers, taking actions to reverse negative admission and discharge volume trends and implements plans to insure marketing team effectiveness.
- Educates marketing staff on tools, budget, sales skills and territory management to achieve volume goals.
- Recruits or assists with recruiting where needed understands and utilizes clinical knowledge and resources to determine appropriateness of admission.
- Drives grass roots efforts as deemed necessary to industry conditions.
- Assesses territory alignment based on key performance indicators and assigns territories to the liaisons.
- Communicates effectively with referral sources to market and educate product lines to achieve volume goals including differentiation of services from competition
- Utilizes CRM for creating, tracking and monitoring liaison territory management referrals and activities.
- Effectively and appropriately communicates financial data and operational indicators to marketing and other relevant staff.
- Monitors and measures volume, case mix growth, CMS %, payer mix %, and functional outcomes of patients to ensure quality product lines.
- Utilizes monthly data to measure progress towards goals.
- Understands and manages admissions process including insurance verification, pre-certification requirements, bed control, hospital discharges and barriers.
- Understands and manages the reimbursement system as it relates to volume impact, appropriate utilization of resources, and hospital discharges and barriers.
- Understands the volume impact on EBITDA to meet the financial obligations of the business.
- Understands the operational and financials metrics and communicates opportunity and threats in the marketplace to senior management.
- When needed, plans and coordinates marketing, media coverage and public relations functions to increase volume.
- Develops marketing collateral and advertises in conjunction with corporate support that meets the needs of the market.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns complaints or harassment immediately.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Significant overnight travel will be required to work with marketing teams throughout the region. Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is frequent and necessary for training purposes.
Address: 2412 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga 37404
Job ID: 2226116