FULL AND PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Our Kitchen Staff assist in preparing therapeutic and modified diets for patients as well as preparing meals for employees, visitors and special functions. They assists in maintaining inventory, serviceware and sanitary conditions within the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Maintains proper temperature for both hot and cold foods.
- Interprets written recipes and follows written and/or verbal orders, requests, and instructions.
- Replenishes condiments and other items as needed.
- Breaks down carts and removes scraps from patient trays.
- Inventories and stocks refrigerator and freezers, as needed.
- Restocks necessary food and beverage items, paper products and serving utensils.
- Assembles/delivers late patient trays, supplements, nourishments and special requests as needed.
- Assists cook as needed.
- Works on Tray line.
- Portions, weighs, and garnishes food according to menus and specific diet instructions.
- Monitors and records temperatures, as necessary.
- Assembles patient trays to meet time tables.
- Assists patients in completing menus.
- Cleans and sanitizes all assigned areas.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately
- Training in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable.
- Knowledge of food safety guidelines preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- General office equipment, mixer, ovens, steamer, microwave, toaster, blender, steam tables, fryer, food processor, scales,dish washer.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 200 pounds per cart. Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible. Hot and cold temperatures extremes.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2226409