To provide a transitional role for a Graduate Nurse to begin orienting while waiting to pass the NCLEX, and fully function as a Registered Nurse.
The Graduate Nurse is responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care activities appropriate to training and competency for assigned patients with direct supervision of RN.
- Learning to operate various medical devices.
- Learning various disease processes.
- Interacting with nurses, assistance, physicians, therapists, and other healthcare providers.
- Working to expand clinical knowledge and skills.
- Familiarizing themselves to the hospital environment.
- Gaining clinical experience and exposure to nursing procedures.
- Assisting RNs in completing tasks that support patient care activities
- Completing patient care activities as assigned while promoting excellent patient satisfaction and outcomes.
- Working under the guidelines of RN with assigned patients in accordance with hospital guidelines.
Job Code: 101001
License or Certification:
- CPR certification required
Education, Training, Requirements and Years of Experience:
- Proof of completion of a RN program and eligibility to sit for NCLEX
- Must take NCLEX within six months of being granted Graduate Nurse status.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Equipment as listed in the Competency check-off list.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- May not under any circumstances perform any tasks/procedures that have not been covered in this job description or that have not been verified by competency checklists.
- May not administer medications by any route.
- May document in the medical record.
- May assist the nurse in collection of data and documentation of data in the nurse¿s notes upon completion of competencies as deemed by the CNO.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 900 Oak Mountain Commons Lane, Pelham 35124
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2226425