Encompass Health is hiring a PRN Receptionist for our front desk!
Be the face of our hospital as you greet our visitors when they come to see their family members. We have 40 patient beds and their families love to come and stay with them as they recover.
In your role as a PRN Receptionist you will maintain internal and external communications of hospital and community through the operation of the telephone switchboard and front desk reception and help support other hospital departments by taking on clerical or general office related responsibilities.
But what does PRN mean? This means that you do not have a certain number of hours promised each week but that you will fill in on either week days or weekends when our full time staff is unavailable.
Come be part of our Rehab Hospital and make a difference in people’s lives every day!
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Working knowledge of switchboard equipment preferred
• Ability to use computer systems and complete data entry assignments preferred
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of switchboard equipment preferred
- Ability to use computer systems and complete data entry assignments preferred
- 10-key data entry method preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone switchboard, postage machine, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 10 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged sitting.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1055 N Curtis Road, Boise 83706
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2227284