Tremendous professional abilities. Life-changing results
BE THE CONNECTION.
In your role as a hospital cook, you’ll have the opportunity to be the connection between your strong professional abilities and exceptional patient care that sets the standard. Apply your outstanding skills and knowledge in a different, more meaningful way. Make the most of your unique combination of talent, passion and ambition with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Richmond
5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond, VA 23226
Part Time – 24 hours per week; rotating weekends
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Prepare therapeutic and modified diets for patients as well as preparing meals for employees, visitors, and special functions.
• Assist in maintaining inventory and sanitary conditions within the department.
• Food handlers permit desired.
• SafeServ certification preferred.
• Training/experience in food preparation for therapeutic diets, recent institutional cooking experience and special function cooking experience desirable.
• Knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond 23226
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2228554