As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of employment, including:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health needs.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for working with the Shipping Manager in the coordination, packaging, delivery, and/or shipping of customer orders according to production and delivery schedules in a timely and cost-efficient manner. They are also responsible for working with the Print Services Project Manager and Shipping Manager in the maintenance of inventory levels and inventory order management. This position contributes to the meeting of department production and quality, profitability and customer satisfaction goals by guaranteeing satisfaction and value for customers; contributing to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth; and maintaining personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company can continue to provide excellent service to our customers and career growth for our staff.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Works with manager to coordinate, package, deliver and/or ship customer orders.
- Follows production and delivery schedules in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Works with Manager to maintain inventory levels and inventory order management.
- Stays current via newspapers, periodicals, industry materials, associations, and the internet.
- Understands and utilizes company resources where appropriate.
- Networks with co-workers to share best practices.
- Understands different depts. and their role in the corporate office.
- Develops strategies and aligns work to achieve goals.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Warehouse and/or print shop experience preferred but not required
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Warehouse materials handling equipment such as fork lift, pallet jacks, ladders, and shrink wrapping machines.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication including email, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Knowledge of print and production techniques and related computer software products.
Address: 3660 Grandview Parkway, Birmingham 35243
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2229367